Why holidays at Plaka ?
• Lovely, ever clean beaches and picturesque landscapes satisfy holidaymakers who look for real natural challenges.
• It is 2 km opposite from Spinalonga a historic island which was the last leper colony of the 20th century.
• It is only 20 min from Agios Nikolaos the best known place of Crete with the highest night life if you want to spend some nights there.
• It is a beautiful fishermen village with lots of traditional little taverns offering visitors fresh fish caught by the nearby sea
• Plaka village is 70 km far from the international airport in Heraklion.
• It has about 300 residents and is located at a distance of 13 km. northwest of Agios Nikolaos and 4 km from Elounda.
• From the bus station exists very frequently a bus connection to Elounda and Agios Nikolaos and further then over the whole island reaching places like Malia, Hersonissos, Heraklion, Rethymnon , Chania, Knossos, Festos, Ierapetra, Sitia, Lassithi Plateau, Anogia ,Zaros,Neapolis